About Our School
The Purdue School of Engineering and Technology, IUPUI, will be regarded as one of America’s premier urban schools of engineering and technology, recognized regionally, nationally, and internationally for its excellence in teaching and learning, research and creative activities, and civic engagement.
The Purdue School of Engineering and Technology, IUPUI, serves the greater Indianapolis metropolitan area, the State of Indiana, and the nation by providing a high-quality learning environment informed through the discovery and dissemination of knowledge via the scholarship of teaching and learning, research and creative activities, and civic engagement.
The core values that define, inform, and guide the decisions within our School are as follows:
- Excellence: Academic excellence is our top priority. We pursue excellence in learning, teaching, research and creative activities, and civic engagement as the highest indicators of successful achievement.
- Competition: Competition enhances innovation. We strive to compete at the highest levels in the pursuit of extramural support for our students, as well as for our research and creative activities.
- Collaboration: We promote teamwork and partnerships for solving problems and disseminating and transferring knowledge, thus multiplying our accomplishments.
- Diversity: We value diversity in all of its forms in our research, curricula, and pedagogy and in our faculty, staff, and student composition.
- Leadership: We encourage and reward effective leadership at every level in the School.
- Location: We are fortunate to be located in the vibrant city of Indianapolis and we strive to capitalize on the urban setting to address the challenges of a global society.
- Professionalism: We foster and reward high standards of collegiality and integrity.
- Responsiveness: We are committed to community and professional service to meet the needs of our stakeholders.
- Improvement: We strive to continuously improve the implementation of our mission through efficient assessment and evaluation processes.
- Identity: We take pride in the Purdue University and Indiana University affiliations, while striving to advance the IUPUI campus identity, image, and reputation.