Healthcare Engineering Technology Management
(previously named Biomedical Engineering Technology)
Healthcare, meet technology.
Healthcare Engineering Technology Management allows you to make a difference each day as you interact with medical staff and the technology that sustains life. Put your mind and hands to work to support and maintain state-of-the-art healthcare equipment in hospitals and clinics to promote safe and effective patient care. With a degree in Healthcare Engineering Technology Management from IUPUI, you'll be equipped to make a visible impact in the high tech world of medicine.
Healthcare Engineering Technology Management Degrees Offered:
- AS in Healthcare Engineering Technology Management
- BS in Healthcare Engineering Technology Management
Why Healthcare Engineering Technology Management at IUPUI?
- IUPUI is one of only a handful of institutions in the country that offers a bachelor's degree in the healthcare technology management discipline
- IUPUI's campus houses four hospitals, offering strong connections between the program and those clinical sites
- Internships are integrated into the program to promote strong workplace understanding and clinical experience
- IUPUI is closely partnered with the discipline's leading organization: Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI)
- Graduates readily find satisfying employment in service of the public with excellent starting salaries
Common Careers for Graduates:
- Healthcare technology managers who work in hospitals supporting the safe and effective use of technology involved in patient care for that institution
- Field service engineers specializing in clinical laboratory equipment or imaging devices
- Medical device sales
- Technical specialists who support specific clinical applications such as RFID asset tracking or surgical instruments
- Technicians who support non-profit organizations who deliver healthcare technology to developing countries