MS Tech - Facilities Management - Overview
Earn a Purdue University Degree Online!
Curriculum is based on International Facility Management Association’s (IFMA) guidelines!
If you are currently working in the field of facility management (or have an interest in this career field) as a planner, property manager, plant manager, facility manager, plant engineer or other related areas you can enhance job opportunities while earning a formal credential sitting at your computer. This online program is designed for working professionals and can be completed in ONLY 2 years.
You will share a virtual classroom with facility management professionals from around the world while earning a Purdue University degree. This is a unique program that will increase your knowledge and professionalism and therefore, your value as a facilities manager.
The MS Degree in Technology, Facilities Management Emphasis is an online graduate program designed for the working student. The program provides an integrated experience in facilities management with emphasis on project and contract management, engineering systems management and energy management. The program also requires an independent direct project in the area of facilities management.
33 credit hours with a minimum graduation GPA of 3.0.
Core Subject Areas (30 Credit Hours)
- Energy Management for Buildings
- Facilities Contract Management
- Facilities Maintenance and Operation
- Facilities Planning and Management
- Financial Aspects of Facilities Management
- Introduction to Facilities Engineering Systems
- Management of Telecommunications Infrastructure
- Project Management
- Quality and Productivity in Industry and Technology
- Supply Chain Logistics Operations in Facilities and Industry
- Greening Organizations
- Directed Project (3 Credit Hours)