Interior Design Technology (INTR) Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree Program
The Bachelor’s degree prepares students to practice Interior Design and to be eligible after two years of work experience to sit for the Professional Certification Exam (NCIDQ).
The curriculum builds on the foundation of the Associate’s degree and further equips graduates with the knowledge and skills required to collaborate with licensed professionals in the architectural, mechanical, electrical, and construction trades.
The educational objectives for the B.S. Interior Design are:
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and application of the design process.
- Solve problems that are quantitative in nature.
- Analyze complex issues and apply sound design methodology in multidisciplinary fields of interior design technology.
- Practice effective communication skills in, oral, written and visual presentations.
- Increase knowledge and demonstrate solutions sensitive to health, safety and welfare of the public.
- Work collaboratively and effectively in technology and design related industries.
- Continue Professional advancement through life-long learning.
- Understand the environmental, ethical, diversity, cultural and contemporary aspects of their work.
- Be responsible citizens.
For accreditation information about this program, click here.
Headcount information, click here.
Degrees awarded information, click here.
Post-graduation student survey results, click here.
Undergraduate Student Retention Rates, click here.
Graduation Rates for Interior Design Technology, click here.
Students graduating with a B.S. degree in Interior Design Technology work as:
- Interior designers in Interior Design and Architectural firms
- Self-employed designers
- Space planners
- Facility managers
- Sales and/or design associates in retail or manufacturing settings
- Showroom designers
- Product designers
- Way-finding specialists
- Manufacturer’s representatives for products used in the design and construction area
- Equipment and/or furnishing specifiers
- CAD technicians for design related firms
- Kitchen and bath designers
- Showroom managers