Welcome to the Department of Technology Leadership and Communication (TLC)! We equip students with the leadership and communication knowledge, skills, and perspectives in order to augment their technical expertise to make effective contributions in a variety of organizational settings.
The various academic programs offered by the Department of Technology and Leadership Communication (TLC) provide students with the leadership and communication knowledge, skills, and perspectives to enhance technical expertise and make effective contributions in a variety of organizational settings. Our undergraduate degrees and certificates in Organizational Leadership and Supervision (OLS) and Technical Communication (TCM) offer students a well-rounded education that connects theory with practice. Our graduate degree, The Master of Science in Technology (MS in Technology), provides professionals with an interdisciplinary credential that draws on a technical foundation.
All TLC faculty and staff are committed to student success. We provide for our students:
- Learner-centered classes that prepare students to be competitive in the global workplace
- Professors who are experts in their field
- Courses taught in a variety of ways, times, and places, including online, blended, and intensive formats
- One-on-one advising to explore personal, academic, and professional goals and objectives
- Relationships with industry partners who provide input into shaping the curriculum
- Research, international, service, and experiential learning opportunities for students
- Flexible plans-of-study to accommodate individualized student interests
- Opportunities to get involved in student organizations and professional societies
- Internships, co-ops and other work-based experiences
As you explore our website, I invite you to learn more about the TLC department and its many options and opportunities for you. When I may be of additional assistance to you, please contact me at email@example.com or 317-278-1863 (office).
Charlie Feldhaus, Ed.D.
Purdue School of Engineering & Technology