Organizational Leadership (OLS)
A premier bachelor degree granting program, preparing students for professional positions in supervisory management: Organizational Leadership (OLS) provides a broad-based education for those desiring leadership roles in business, government, or industry. OLS undergraduate programs grant a Purdue University Bachelor of Science degree, a Certificate in Human Resource Management, a Certificate in Leadership Studies (non-majors only), a Certificate in International Leadership, an Honors Minor in Leadership, and partner with Engineering and Technology (ENT) faculty in delivery of a Certificate in Sustainable Technology.
Organizational Leadership is located in the Purdue School of Engineering and Technology on the IUPUI campus, ET 331.
OLS will become one of the premier undergraduate leadership programs in the country. We will develop leaders who demonstrate competence within selected technical fields.
Create and maintain a community of professors, students, and staff dedicated to lifelong learning, growth, and continuous improvement of self and others.
Support the undergraduate leadership program by:
- Generating and disseminating knowledge about leadership within the context of technological expertise
- Equipping OLS majors with the knowledge, skills, resources, and perspectives necessary to be effective leaders in technical professions
- Granting bachelor degrees and certificates in leadership and human resource management
- Enhancing economic opportunities for its graduates and community
- Engaging in research, scholarship, and creative endeavors that add knowledge to the discipline of leadership
- Engaging in service to school, campus, community and profession
- Adding value to organizations through consultation and training
- Assessing learning outcomes for continuous improvement
The OLS Program:
- Is a highly individualized, practical, "real-world," approach to supervisory management.
- Emphasizes leadership, interpersonal relationships, and change implementation.
- Is a flexible curriculum, allowing students to specialize in their areas of interest and talent.
- Provides a pragmatic, innovating, and adaptable approach to a student's education, with opportunities for interaction between students, faculty, and the work world.
- Employs full-time and associate faculty possessing real world skills from a variety of professional backgrounds.
- Offers individualized, personal counseling.
- Provides a source of professional talent for leadership positions in business, industry, government, and other organizations.