Engineering and Technology Honors Program
The School of Engineering and Technology Honors Program mission is to inspire and recognize academic excellence in Engineering and Technology students.
Benefits of Joining the School of Engineering and Technology Honors Program
- Opportunity to participate in challenging and inspiring coursework
- Membership in the IUPUI Honors College, including access* to its facility (computer lab, study space) and the Honors College Student Council
- Honors notation on transcript upon successfully completing the E&T Honors Program
- Recognition that comes with belonging to an elite group of outstanding scholars
* Access to the IUPUI Honors College facility is granted only at the start of the fall semester following admission to the E&T Honors Program. To learn more about the IUPUI Honors College, visit http://honorscollege.iupui.edu/
Admission Criteria and Application Forms
Students interested in applying to the School of Engineering & Technology Honors Program must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled full-time at IUPUI and have earned at least 15 IUPUI hours in residence
- Be enrolled in or eligible for a major in the School of Engineering & Technology
- Have completed the freshman credits suggested by their program's plan of study
- Have at least 4 semesters remaining in their program to graduate
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above
- Have the endorsement of a full-time faculty member*
Please note: applications are for fall only. Please take this into account.
Requirements to Remain in Honors Program and to Graduate with Honors
To remain in the Engineering & Technology Honors Program and to graduate with honors, students must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain at least a 3.3 cummulative GPA
- Earn a grade of B or better in each Honors course to earn Honors credit
- Earn 24 Honors credits with 12 of those Honors credits in the student's major
- Take no more than 2 Honors courses or Honors contracts per semester
We recommend also completing approximately 10 service hours an academic year, but these hours are not required.
If you have questions, please email Susan Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org.