Master of Science in Technology
The primary goal of the Technology Graduate program is to prepare the next generation of STEM professionals, practitioners, researchers and teachers. The program provides opportunities to obtain advanced training and credentials necessary for positions in industry and thus is designed for any professional who is interested in updating their knowledge through coursework in technical topics or who is interested in pursuing a technical research, STEM managerial or STEM teaching position. Successful graduates of the program earn a Master of Science (MS) in Technology awarded by Purdue University. The MS in Technology curriculum incorporates a core set of courses, but is extremely flexible and multidisciplinary in approach.
Opportunities for Full-time or Part-time Study
The program provides opportunities for STEM professionals, practitioners, researchers, and teachers to work on an advanced degree on a full or part-time basis. All of the graduate courses are offered in a traditional, hybrid or online format for the convenience of working professionals. The program also welcomes the participation of practitioners whose experience in industry can contribute to the learning process.
Areas of Concentration
- Applied Information Technology*
- Construction Engineering Management Technology*
- Facilities Management (online)
- Human Resource Development
- Organizational Leadership and Supervision*
- Motorsports Engineering
- STEM Education: Engineering Technology Education*
- STEM Education: Computer Education*
* All concentrations, with the exception of Facilities Management and Motorsports Engineering, follow the same set of Core Program Requirements.
In addition to these concentrations, a more interdisciplinary plan of study is also available, drawing from the various disciplines in the School including computer information technology, construction technology, design technology, electrical engineering technology, mechanical engineering technology, and organizational leadership and supervision.